Unfinished Furniture of Wilmington offer the lowest price possible on any item in our inventory. Many furniture stores inflate their prices to cover costs of shipping, and then advertise that item as 'Free Shipping'. We do realize that not all stores do this, but as we have found, the majority do. We also simply cannot afford to pay to ship items for you, and would rather use that money to improve our website, invest in more inventory and in our store location in Wilmington NC. Please note than any shipping we do charge, is charged out at cost. We make no profit on shipping!
Care and Cleaning
- Avoid using nail polish remover or other acetone products on or near your finished wood products. It will cause severe damage to the finish.
- Clean using a damp cloth. Dry dusting can push small dirt and dust particles into the surface.
- Avoid using cleaner or polish with silicone, wax solvents, or abrasives. We recommend using a gentle cleaner, like Method Daily Wood Cleaner.
- Never use alcohol on your wood surfaces. Much like acetone, alcohol will damage the finish.
- Try to place your furniture in an area that is out of direct sunlight. Overtime, continual sun and/or fluorescent light exposure can alter the finish and/or wood.
- Be wary of placing your furniture in the direct path of a heat source. Ideally, your furniture should be placed in an area with good air circulation, but the air shouldn’t be blowing directly on the piece.
- Keep the humidity in your home anywhere between 35 and 45 percent. If it is too low, it can cause the furniture to dry out and crack. Too high and the furniture can warp.
- Remove dust on a regular basis. Build up of dust can cause the finish to dull and can scratch the finish if not removed correctly.
- Wipe up spills promptly to negate damage to your piece. Our manufacturers all use finish that resists liquids, but if not cleaned up in a reasonable timeframe, spills can harm the finish.
For more furniture tips, checkout our Tips board on Pinterest!
Returns and Refunds
We understand that things happen and we’re here to help you out! We will do everything we can to make it right if there is a problem with your order.
Returns are accepted within 30 days of delivery or pickup date. If your piece is damaged or missing parts, please contact us at email@example.com with your order number, a brief explanation of the issue, and pictures if applicable. We will do our best to find a solution, whether it be a credit, sending a replacement piece or part, or arranging for a return.
Returned items must be in saleable condition, unless given authorization by us to return otherwise. Items are not returnable if they are in un-saleable condition, are missing parts, and/or damaged. We do not take returns on custom finished items.
You may return any product for a full refund. Any shipping costs will only be covered by the store should the reason for return be an error on our behalf, on the shipping company’s behalf, or is authorized in advance. You are responsible for all shipping fees otherwise.
All returns, unless stated otherwise will be subject to a restocking fee, at our discretion, and this fee will be clearly stated with any request for return, and varies depending on the item(s).
We will notify you via email of your refund once we have received and processed the returned item. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within 7 to 14 business days of our receiving your return.